Sunday, January 24, 2010

An interesting observation on Writing

I've been noticing that when I don't write my ideas out they tend to "clog-up" my brain. Ideas come to me everyday, but I've noticed that ever since I started back at school and stopped writing they have gradually slowed. However, when I wrote the entry from Thursday it felt like it kind of cleaned me out and allowed further thoughts to flow. Often I think of a good idea and don't want to forget it. So, if I think of one during the car ride home, it plagues me the entire drive and hinders my thought on other topics. Usually, in an average car ride and if I'm not distracted, I reach my destination with four ideas that I don't want to forget. Most often I remember maybe one of them by the time I'm at a place I can write it out I really need to start carrying a notebook in my pocket and maybe get an audio recorder for my car. . .

Actually, I just got a really good idea. I'll call my Google voice number and leave myself a voice mail! That way I'll already have the audio file in a digital format that is easy to organize AND I'll get a rough transcription for when I want to write more about it later!

Well, I'm glad I wrote this. That was a good idea.

No comments: